Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 19, 2008

Half-Baked Comics Instruction?

When I look through references that claim to give advice on "how to make comics," I don't find anything substantial that covers plot formulation, story structure, character profiling and growth, dialogue, scene planning, etc. These references focus almost exclusively on art.

Art is only half the battle when creating a good and effective comics story. Comics is about image married with text, each element complementing, strengthening and reinforcing the other.

So why does writing seem to take a backseat when it comes to comics instruction?

(Some may argue that one can make comics without words. That's true. But given the state of the industry now, in whatever country or culture, comics without words is more the exception than the rule.)

P.S. Yes, I said in my last post that I wouldn't continue this blog. But I just had to post this question. It's been bugging me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home